Flyer Approval Guidelines
Pike County Schools approves the distribution of materials for projects, activities, or programs that:
1. Promote an educational experience for students or parents, a healthy use of leisure time, and/or a special enrichment activity.
2. Contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
Pike County Schools does not approve the distribution of materials for projects, activities, or programs that:
1. Are lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
2. Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
3. Promote any particular political interest, candidate, or party.
4. Proselytize religious beliefs.
5. Position the district on any side of a controversial issue.
6. Discriminate against, attack, or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, or other unlawful consideration.
7. Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children.