The PCHS Library Media Center offers both print and electronic resources (ebooks) to support and enrich the high school curriculum.
Helpful tips about our library program:
Hours: 7:30 AM until 4:00 PM
Media Specialist: Leah Jordan
Media Assistant: Deanna Dysart
We offer a Scholastic Book Fair twice a year for students to buy books and other items.
Our next Book Fair will be April 29-May 3.
General Library Procedures and Fees:
- Students may purchase coffee or hot chocolate from our Starbooks Cafe for $1.
- Students may check out up to 3 library books at one time.
- Students can keep library books for two weeks before needing to renew materials.
- There is a 10 cent overdue fine per item if not returned on time. (Maximum $6 late fee)
- Cost for black and white printing is 10¢ per page.
- Color printing is available for 50¢ per page.
- The media center does have some school supplies for sale (pencils, poster board, markers, index cards, etc). Please see media staff for assistance.
Faculty Book Club
About once a month, factulty and staff get together to discuss a book they've been reading. Below is the schedule of the Faculty Book Club's reading list:
Educated: A Memoir by Tara Westover
Warlight by Michael Ondaatje
One-in-a-Million Boy by Monica Woods
Children of Blood and Bones by Tomi Adeyemi
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
An Invisible Thread by Alex Tresniowski
Sing, Unburied Sing by Jesmyn Ward
Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
Mrs. Jordan's Favorites
by Erin Morgenstern Year Published: 2012