Welcome to Library and Media
There are many wonderful books in your child’s school library media center and Pike County Primary students love to read! I hope you will choose for your child to participate in our library program and will agree to assist your child in taking responsibility for checked out materials.
In an effort to inform you about your child’s Lexile levels and help you determine if your child is reading on grade level, please see our benchmark goals for students below:
- By the end of 2nd grade, student reads at a 550 Lexile or higher.
- By the end of 1st grade, student reads at a 350 Lexile or higher.
- By the end of Kindergarten, student reads at a 100 Lexile or higher.
Lexile levels are marked on the spine of each of our books.
The following information shows how many books per grade each student is allowed to check out during the school year:
- Second Graders may check out 2 books and may take home.
- First Graders may check out 1-2 books and may take home.
- Kindergartners may check out 1 book and may or may not take home.
Christy Johnson, Media Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura York, Media Paraprofessional
7218 Highway 19 South
Zebulon, Georgia 30295
Phone: (770) 567-8443
Students may return and check out books as often as they like, but books kept for a period longer than two weeks must be renewed. Although there are no fines for overdue books, students will only be allowed to check out new books for each one returned.
If a child loses or damages a book, it is your responsibility to pay for the book at the book’s original price. If a book is damaged, but can be used again, a fee will be set for the damages.
Before we begin checking out books to students, we need to know that you do want your child to participate in the school library media program. No child will be allowed to check out a book, unless this agreement is on file in the media center.