Pike County is a Georgia Public School System located 60 miles south of Atlanta, serving 3,400 students in Pre-kindergarten through Grade 12. Developing Creative Problem Solvers ready for college and career through a focus on critical thinking, creativity, communication and collaboration, is our mission. We believe success in the 21st century depends less on what you know, and more on what you can do.
Developing Creative Problem-solvers Ready for College and Careers.
Creating Schools that Students Love.
- Given appropriate instruction, time, and resources, all children can demonstrate high levels of critical thinking, creativity, communication, and collaboration.
- The instructional climate must intentionally promote the development of students' personal responsibility (soft skills, executive functioning, and metacognition) in a caring and supportive environment.
- Standardized test scores are but one measure of a student's educational progress; more important is what students can do with the knowledge and skills they acquire.
- Today's students are digital natives, so technology must be ubiquitous in our schools.
- All students deserve a rigorous learning environment
Pre-K Registration: You may pick up a registration packet at the Pre-K building or download it from the Pre-K Website beginning Friday, March 1. Registration packets will be available weekdays from 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. Your child must be four (4) years of age on or before September 1, 2019 to be eligible.
Since May 2018, $6,222.07 has been raised for teacher innovation grants through the Round-Up Program. Thank you, Freshway Market and Manager Steve Ward!!
February 12, 2019
5:00 PM Board of Education Work Session
February 15, 2019
February 18, 2019
February 19, 2019