2017-18 Pre-K Registration
INSTRUCTIONS for COMPLETION of the 2019-2020
Pike County PRE-K APPLICATION PACKET
The packet includes a 4 page registration form. Please complete and submit along with the following:
- A copy of your child’s certified birth certificate or passport
- A copy of your child’s social security card or signed waiver
- Two proofs of residency for Pike County (power bill, propane, phone garbage, water, cable/satellite, notarized lease, rental agreement
- A copy of your driver’s license, or other I.D.)
- A copy of your child’s Immunization Certificate (Form 3231)
- A copy of your child’s Eye, Ear, and Dental Certificate (Form 3300)
- The person applying must be the parent or legal guardian
Applications will be available March 1 through March 29, 2019, from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. at the Pike County Pre-K Office. A completed application packet (registration form and required documents) must be returned to the Pre-K Office, located in the Pike County Pre-K Building, March 29, 2019, by 4:00 p.m. to be included in the drawing held in April.
We encourage you to turn-in the application as soon as possible. Applications received after March 29th will be placed at the end of the waiting list in the order received, should a waiting list be needed. This will depend on the number of applicants and the number of Pre-K spaces. A drawing will occur in April to position applicants to fill the Pre-K spaces. Parents of prospective students may attend the drawing, but it is not required. Children should not attend. The date and time of the drawing will be announced.
When an application (registration form and required documents) is submitted, the application will be assigned a number. A corresponding number will be placed in the drawing. This number is only a tool to identify your child in the drawing and in no way indicates your child’s position in the program. The drawing will determine each child’s enrollment position, and each applicant will be notified by mail. The number of available Pre-K spaces is contingent upon the final budget approved by the Georgia legislature. At this time we have 88 spaces.
The 170 day Pre-K calendar for the 2019-2020 school year will begin August 8, 2019. The number of days required by Pre-K is also contingent upon the final budget approved by the Georgia legislature. Calendars will be available as soon as possible.